Mar 16, 2010

What i'm guilty of...

If you've ever read my blog, you know that it's called: Confessions of a Socialite Extraordinaire. The tag line is "An expose' of my adventures in and around gay society." Never before has this statement been so true.

There are some people that think that i launched a smear campaign because I'm mad that i did not get an award. Absolutely not true. WHAT I AM GUILTY OF is having been caught up in the excitement of having an award, year after year, and basking in the comforting glow of love and admiration received from all of you, causing me to lose sight of things that are truly important and/or ignore things that may have been right in front of me.

I have no information that any of the WeHo Award nominees, honorees or recipients did anything inappropriate and i do hope that we, as a community, continue to congratulate and give them the accolades and respect that they deserve. I don't think that any of the award recipients should feel humiliated or embarassed. In fact, if they ARE feeling that way, it's most likely because this scandal blindsided them. If my expose' has brought any of them undue pain, i sincerely apologize, as that was not my intent.

I think that the idea of the WeHo Awards is a good one. A great one, in fact. I hope that we are able to turn this around in order to create something that we can truly be proud of.

A couple of years ago i started to notice that certain things were not making sense, and when i asked for additional information, it was never given. The excuse was always, "...the board of directors will not let me..." I tried to give opinions and advice about how things could be better executed, but it was never acted upon. I just couldnt believe that year after year, i would never see the board of directors.

Looking at the situation throught that glow of that golden haze, i tried to make myself believe that all of the misunderstanding and confusion was due to someone being dis-organized. Unfortunately, I know believe that it goes way beyond mere dis-organization. We have been caught up in a web of deceit and/or mismanagement that should have no connection to the worthy causes and local organizations which inspire us to participate as a community and grow as a visible members of society at large. We cannot prey upon, cannibalize or destroy the organizations, that do foster and practice random acts of kindness and goodwill within our community.

I may have put myself in a dangerous and unpopular position. This may result in me becoming persona non grata, but so be it. I feel that i had no choice. We must become the change that we want to see in the world.

My profile describes me as a Socialite. Famewhore. DiorAddict. Divo. WeHo Award Winner "Outstanding Popular Male Personality" 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008. Emeritus may be an appropriate term to add at this time. Popular Male Personality Emeritus. I'm ok with that. Really.

xoxo,

Jonathan Chang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ you're ugly. I can't believe you're still trolling the streets.. Don't you think it's time to hang up your hat or at least retire to a desert city?